Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wednesday, 21 November--Maxfort School, Dwarka


Wednesday, 21 November

Another day, another school visit!  This time, I headed out with Himanjali as Beatrice to the Maxford School, a newer institution in the Delhi area with several locations.  It took us quite a while to find it as we rolled through some frustratingly ubiquitous Delhi streets, but time is wibbly, and so it wasn’t a problem when we arrived a bit late.




After a quick chat in the Director’s office, we were whisked away to a huge covered amphitheater, chock full with what must have been around 500 students in their red and tan uniforms.  As I approached the stage I was greeting with a few rousing cheers--and then repeatedly buffeted with chants of my name!  My goodness!

I did what is now becoming a regular set—with a few tweaks here and there as to how to explain nonsense. "The Bathing Hymn" and "I've Got a Teacher, She's So Mean" are becoming the go-to gold. A wireless mic let me do a bit of crowdsurfing. 















Nonsense Faces!  Click to see the kids...
Tea and bikkies afterwards with a few of the school officials… everyone was very kind, and the students hopefully were indoctrinated into the rebellious and mysterious ways of nonsense!

No comments: